drydensfairfax solicitors is a trading name of Drydens Limited, registered in England and Wales (Number 06765260, VAT Registration Number
806359620). An individual with the title of director does not necessarily mean statutory director. A full list of statutory directors is available for
inspection at our registered office Shire House, 2 Humboldt Street, Bradford BD1 5HQ.
Drydens Limited is a solicitors’ practice authorised and regulated in England & Wales by the Solicitors Regulation Authority under SRA number 511996
and our professional rules can be accessed at www.sra.org.uk/handbook. In accordance with the
Provision of Services Regulations 2009, please note the following:
- The relevant EEA state for the purposes of the Provision of Services Regulations 2009 is the UK
- The Legal Ombudsman is the independent complaints handling body set up by The Office of Legal Complaints to deal with complaints against lawyers. To
find out more visit www.legalombudsman.org.uk or contact the Legal Ombudsman at PO Box
6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ or on 0300 555 0333.
- Drydens Ltd maintains professional indemnity insurance and details of our current policy including the name of our insurer, contact details and
territorial coverage are available to our clients at our registered office.
- Telephone calls may be recorded and monitored.
terms and conditions
These terms and conditions apply to the entire contents of this website under the domain name www.drydensfairfaxsolicitors.com (Website) and to any
correspondence by e-mail between drydensfairfax solicitors and you. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this
Website. Using this Website indicates that you accept these terms regardless of whether or not you choose to contact drydensfairfax solicitors
or are one of our clients. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, do not use this Website. This notice is issued by Drydens Limited trading as
drydensfairfax solicitors of Shire House, 2 Humboldt Street, West Yorkshire, BD1 5HQ refered to hereafter as drydensfairfax solicitors.
- 1.1 You may access some areas of this Website and contact drydensfairfax solicitors regardless of whether you are a client of drydensfairfax solicitors. However, certain areas of this Website are only open to
you if you are a client of drydensfairfax solicitors and have logged in.
- 1.2 By accessing any part of this Website, you shall be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions in full. If you do not
accept these terms and conditions in full, you must leave this Website immediately.
- 1.3 drydensfairfax solicitors may revise these terms and conditions at any time by updating this posting. You should check this Website from time to time to review the then current terms and conditions, because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these terms and conditions may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages of this Website.
- 2.1 You are permitted to print and download extracts from this Website for your own use on the following basis:
- 2.1.1 no documents or related graphics on this Website are modified in any way;
- 2.1.2 no graphics on this Website are used separately from accompanying text;
- 2.1.3 no downloaded extracts from this Website are passed or transferred to third parties, and
- 2.1.4 drydensfairfax solicitors copyright and trade mark notices and this permission notice appear in all copies.
- 2.2 Unless otherwise stated, the copyright, trademarks, logos and other intellectual property rights in all material on this Website (including without limitation any photographs and graphical images) are owned by drydensfairfax solicitors or its licensors. For the purposes of these terms and conditions, any use of extracts from this Website other than in accordance with paragraph 2.1 above is prohibited. If you breach any of the terms in these terms and conditions, your permission to use this Website automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed extracts from this Website.
- 2.3 Subject to paragraph 2.1, no part of this Website may be reproduced or stored in any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without drydensfairfax solicitors prior written permission.
- 2.4 Any rights not expressly granted in these terms and conditions are reserved.
3. Service access
- 3.1 While drydensfairfax solicitors endeavours to ensure that this Website is normally available 24 hours a day, drydensfairfax solicitors shall not be liable if for any reason this Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- 3.2 Access to this Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond drydensfairfax solicitors’ control.
4. Visitor material and conduct
- 4.1 Other than personally identifiable information, which is covered under the Privacy Statement, any material you transmit or post to this Website shall be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. drydensfairfax solicitors shall have no obligation with respect to such material. drydensfairfax solicitors and its designers shall be free to copy, disclose, distribute, incorporate and otherwise use such material and all data, images, sounds, text and other things embodied therein for any and all commercial or non-commercial purposes.
- 4.2 You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this Website any material:
- 4.2.1 that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience; or
- 4.2.2 for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals; or
- 4.2.3 which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in the UK or any other country in the world; or
- 4.2.4 which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
- 4.3 You may not misuse the Website (including, without limitation, by hacking).
- 4.4 drydensfairfax solicitors shall fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing drydensfairfax solicitors to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material in breach of paragraph 4.2 or paragraph 4.3.
5. Links to other websites
- 5.2 drydensfairfax solicitors will try to provide you with links to good quality, reputable websites which we believe will be of interest and relevant to you, but please note that drydensfairfax solicitors has not reviewed all of these third party websites and they are not under drydensfairfax solicitors control and drydensfairfax solicitors is not responsible for and does not contribute to the content of such websites. When you click through to any of these websites you leave the area controlled by drydensfairfax solicitors. drydensfairfax solicitors does not endorse or make representations, whether as to quality, propriety or otherwise, about such websites, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained by using them, nor does it accept responsibility for any issues arising in connection with the third party’s use of your data, the website content or the services offered to you by these websites.
- 6.1 This Website is provided free of charge and without warranties or guarantees. While drydensfairfax solicitors endeavours to ensure that the information on this Website is correct, drydensfairfax solicitors does not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on this Website. Information on this website is only intended for general guidance and does not constitute legal advice. Information contained on the Website may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical mistakes. drydensfairfax solicitors may update or make changes to the material on this Website, or to the products, services and prices described in it, at any time without notice. The material on this Website may be out of date, and drydensfairfax solicitors makes no commitment to update such material.
- 6.2 The material on this Website is provided “as is”, without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind either express or implied. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, drydensfairfax solicitors provides you with this Website on the basis that drydensfairfax solicitors excludes all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms (including, without limitation, the conditions as to non-infringement, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill) which but for this legal notice might have effect in relation to this Website.
- 6.3 You accept the risk that data transmitted electronically to drydensfairfax solicitors via the Website or otherwise may be intercepted before reaching drydensfairfax solicitors or accessed from drydensfairfax solicitors’ data storage means by third parties unauthorised by drydensfairfax solicitors and may be exploited unlawfully by the said unauthorised third parties. drydensfairfax solicitors does not assume responsibility for guarding against the acts of the said unauthorised third parties.
- 7.1 drydensfairfax solicitors, any other party (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering this Website), and any of drydensfairfax solicitors’, associates or affiliates and the officers, directors, employees, partners, shareholders or agents of any of them, exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, special, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise) in connection with this Website in any way or in connection with the use, inability to use or the results of use of this Website, any websites linked to this Website or the material on such websites, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses,
worms, trojan horses or other destructive items that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing this Website or your downloading of any material from this Website or any websites linked to this Website.
- 7.2 Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit drydensfairfax solicitors liability for:
- 7.2.1 death or personal injury caused by drydensfairfax solicitors negligence (as such term is defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977); or
- 7.2.2 fraud; or
- 7.2.3 any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- 7.3 If your use of material on this Website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment, software or data, you assume all costs thereof.
8. Governing law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
9. financial services
- 9.1 We are not authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority. However, we are included on the register maintained by the Financial Conduct Authority so that we can carry on insurance mediation activity, which is broadly the advising on, selling and administration of insurance contracts. This part of our business, including arrangements for complaints or redress if something goes wrong, is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. The register can be accessed via the Financial Conduct Authority website at http://www.fca.org.uk/register
- 9.2 The Law Society is a designated professional body for the purposes of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (FSMA 2000) but responsibility for regulation and complaints handling has been separated from the Law Society's representative functions. The Solicitors Regulation Authority is the independent regulatory arm of the Law Society and the Legal Ombudsman is the independent complaints handling body set up by The Office for Legal Complaints to deal with complaints against lawyers. If you are unhappy with any insurance advice you receive from us you should raise your concerns with either of these bodies.
- 9.3 In some cases, civil litigation and conveyancing work may involve investments. As stated above, as we are not authorised under FSMA 2000 or regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority we may refer you to someone who is authorised to provide any necessary advice. However we can provide certain limited services in relation to investments, provided they are closely linked with the legal services we are providing to you, as we are members of the Law Society which is the designated professional body for the purposes of FSMA 2000. If you are unhappy with any investment advice you receive from us, you should raise your concerns with either the Solicitors Regulation Authority, our regulatory body, or the Legal Ombudsman.
Issue date: 02 April 2013